Saturday, August 9, 2008

Fun times with Uncle Jon

Jon was in town this week, so the boys had a great time playing with him. They didn't let him rest much, waking him up early every day to jump on his bed and watch Noggin in his room. Wednesday I made him my slave, asking him to do a lot of cleaning in preparation for Aaron's birthday party (surprise!) that night. He scrubbed the boys/guest bathroom, the stove, and some windows. Many thanks! I spent the day making and frosting the cake, and shopping for all the stuff Aaron would have found suspicious (large amounts of salad mix and soda, for instance).

On Friday, we decided to go to a local water park. The water was pretty cold, so after Levi stuck his toes in the first pool, he decided he wanted nothing to do with it and go home. A few minutes later, however, he found a little slide that went very slowly, and we couldn't get him off for half an hour. He was going down head first after a while, the faster way down. He kept trying to jump the line, but finally got busted by the lifeguard monitoring the ride. He even loved the bigger slides we rode, one of which gives you a face full of water at the end. He would come up sputtering but when asked whether he liked it, he responded with "Oh, yeah!" and jump back down to go again. After lunch, we rode a group ride called Thunder Rapids, which was supposed to be a "moderate" thrill. It's basically a giant inner tube with a floor, everyone holds the handles and ride down the huge slide. What we weren't expecting was the rocking back and forth within the slide, feeling like we were about to flip over (even though we really weren't). Jon's face was priceless. A.J. just kept yelling about how cool it was and how it was like skateboarding ramps, while next to him, Jon was absolutely frozen, gripping the handles like there would be no tomorrow if he didn't. We had a great time, the adults got a little sunburned, and Levi even tried to take a nap.

Now, Jon is on his way to Missouri and then Brandeis. This Thursday we'll head out on our vacation. We may or may not be able to post with pictures during our trip, but we should have a lot to show when we get back.


  1. So glad you guys had a great time with Uncle Jon. Grandpa and I picked him up at the airport in St. Louis last night and fell into bed at 3:30 AM Sunday morning.

    Grandpa and I had a great time at the St. Louis Temple yesterday. We had the pleasure of watching four young people from the Ukraine be sealed to their mother and father, Martha and Carl Chapman. It was a tremendous day.

    Uncle Jon is sorting through his personal items and preparing to leave for Brandeis tomorrow. He plans to stop in Jefferson City to see Great Grandma Belcher, and Uncle Gordon and Aunt Mariln.

    We hope all of you have a safe trip on your vacation and a fun time.

    Grandma and Grandpa Sudholt

  2. It's so great to see the photos of you guys and to hear what's been happening.

    Much love always,
    Aunt Judy

    P.S. Congratulations to Levi for becoming a big boy! Both AJ and Levi are so very handsome. Hugs and kisses,


Let us know what you think! We love hearing your thoughts on our fun and crazy life!