Thursday, July 8, 2010

Breathe in...

...and oooooouuuuuuuuuttt.

Feels good, yes?

That's how our vacation was. :)

We had no plans, nothing set in stone, and had a great time.  I'll chronicle a few days at a time.

First up, Missouri.

We weren't there long.  We flew in on a Friday and spent the night with Aaron's sister and her family.  The next morning we got together with my Grandma for brunch.  Sadly, the nicest place we could take her to was Perkins, but I don't think she minded much.  We went back to her apartment and got a few pictures.  I want as many as I can get with her before I can't get any more.

Here is a time line of shots with her and my boys.


Holding A.J. just days after he was born. (2001)


















Sad to see A.J. move to Chicago the day I finished at Mizzou. (2003)
















On our first visit to MO after moving to California. (2007)











In her apartment that overlooks the Missouri River. (2010)









I'd be doing pretty well if I manage to age as gracefully as she has, don't you think?  By the way, she has never dyed her hair.  94 and just barely going mostly gray.

After visiting Grandma, we left the boys with Brenda and Edgar, who would then drop them off with Grandma and Grandpa Sudholt for a few days of fun.  Then Aaron and I took off for a kid-free week in Florida.  Aaaaahhhhh, how nice.

A.J. will have to fill you in on the details in Missouri.  I wasn't there!

Next post...the Everglades, Grand Bahama Island, and Key Largo.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Bethany, what lovely pictures of Grandma Belcher and your wonderful family. She absolutely loves all of her great grandchildren. I hope that I look as good as she does when I am 94. Mom is amazing.

    Grandpa and I had an absolutely wonderful time with your sons. They are tremendous boys and very well behaved. Give them big hugs for us. Thanks again for letting us have them for a few days. I hope they had as great a time as we did. So glad that you and Aaron had some time for yourselves. What a wonderful vacation.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think! We love hearing your thoughts on our fun and crazy life!