Friday, April 17, 2009

We do...

have a new address! AAAAAAAGH! I'm very excited. Pictures won't be available for a while, since it's currently still occupied. But, I can tell you about it! And, you might even be a bit jealous. :D Can I just say how excited I am about this? I am ridiculously excited about this.

Description:
It's a house (yeah!) with three bedrooms and three baths (yeah!).
It has lots of storage, with TWO walls of cabinets in the garage.
It has a covered porch which has become a sunroom. (Why is it that several places we've lived, plus my parents' house, have sliding doors in the house? Are we magnetically attracted to these things, or something?)
It has a nice patio in the back, with space to play basketball or maybe even ride bikes.
There's grass. And...a pool.
Yep, we'll have a pool, and just in time for Memorial Day!
And, one of the best parts, it's quiet. Right now, we live on a very busy thoroughfare, and with cheap, crappy, and old windows, we hear every rev of every engine. We live with bus fumes, and extra smog (I know, it really is possible to have extra smog in L.A.) And after May, we won't have to anymore. We will be able to leave the windows open on lovely nights and not hear a motorcycle or bus engine, or perhaps even fewer police cars. Wouldn't that be nice?

So, we'll send out "new address" announcements, sort of like birth announcements, once we actually move to those on our Christmas card list. If you'd like to be on it, send me an email at divingcardinal at gmail dot com (without all the spaces and such.) Then, you can look us up on google maps, and ooh and aah at the pool that's visible from aerial photos. Won't that be fun!

We are very grateful to all of you who sent up some extra prayers for us. This house suits our needs very well. It is even something we would possibly be interested in buying, but we'll see about that in a year or so.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, Hallie is jealous! She has wanted a pool for a long time. :) Your house sounds gorgious and big. Can you at least tell us what city you will be in? We hope to come to AJ's baptism and see your new home. Have fun moving.

    Love,

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I am jealous. That's like a dream home. I am not into big houses but I like little extras and you have that, a pool and sunroom. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!!!Excited for you. Just make sure you move before we get there!!!
    Love you,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that sounds great! I like the pool and I have always wanted a sunroom. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoooooo! :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is wonderful to find some place you will love!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds great. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!! A pool even! And a sunroom! And? Most importantly? The sun to go with it! (I'm just guessing anyway, since you're in L.A.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay thats it now I have to change vacation plans to come to LA!!! congrats

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!!! How exciting! :) I love new to me houses. ;>)
    I'm sending out an email this afternoon. Be looking for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think! We love hearing your thoughts on our fun and crazy life!