Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Prayer Request

For those who are inclined to pray, even for people you don't know, I have a couple of requests for you. My old friends Jeff and Cari just had their third baby girl. She is beautiful, but not without problems. They learned a couple of months ago that she has trisomy 6 (a third copy of chromosome #6 attached itself to chromosome #3 -- not good, like down's syndrome is a trisomy 21) and that it appeared that her lower jaw was seriously malformed. However, upon her birth last Friday, it turned out that she has no lower jaw nor tongue. Her lungs have not and will not develop properly, so they are preparing to let her go back to her Heavenly Father. I know they could use as much support right now as possible.

Secondly, my cousin and his wife will be having their third child soon, too, but hopefully not too soon. Steady contractions at 28 weeks is not good, so she's on bedrest for the duration. They are hoping to make it past Christmas, but every day past that is even better. Thank you for adding my friends to your lists.

3 comments:

  1. Bethany,

    I love the song "A Baby Changes Everything". You, as my first born, changed my life for the good. You gave me a chance to have three more beautiful children, and I am eternally grateful to you. I am not the perfect Mom, but I have four wonderful children and three fantastic grandchildren. Miracles do happen. My heart goes out to your friends, Jeff and Cari. May they be comforted knowing that their precious girl can be theirs for eternity.

    I know that Jeremiah and Eileen also appreciate your request for prayers for them and their little one. We know that Heavenly Father has a purpose for these special babies and will bless their families.

    May Heavenly Father bring peace to Jeff, Cari, Jeremiah and Eileen.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bethany! Even though we have been prepared for all of this in so many ways, knowing that people are still praying for us really does help in those moments of weakness. An eternal perspective makes all the difference when you are asked to deal with something like this. Let your cousin know that we understand and they are not alone. It is absolutely AMAZING what they can do fpr premie babies these days.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think! We love hearing your thoughts on our fun and crazy life!