Monday, October 27, 2008

Birth Verses?

I saw a post about someone's biblical birth verse. I checked it out, and it's kind of interesting. I don't use the NIV, but it works for something like this.

Aaron:
1 Corinthians 8:3 NIV

But the man who loves God is known by God.

Bethany:
2 Timothy 2:1 NIV
...be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

A.J.:
Proverbs 8:22 NIV
“The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old;

Levi:
2 Timothy 1:7 NIV
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Well, I think A.J. and Levi's are quite appropriate, at any rate. A.J. has always seemed like an old soul, and he is the older of the two. Levi certainly did NOT get a spirit of timidity. This is evident when he heads out of the chapel during church to use the bathroom, while saying in his regular (rather loud) voice, "I need to poop and pee in the potty. I don't need any help, I can do it all by all myself. But YOU can help me wipe." As if it's a privilege. And self-discipline? Well, if you act scared when he is a dinosaur or some other scary thing, he will then get out of character and say very reassuringly, "It's ok, mommy. It's only me, Levi. I'm Levi now." Maybe that's it.

5 comments:

  1. How interesting. Your comments about Levi are cute and funny. A.J. is a great example and leader. All of our grandsons are a delight.

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to find your blog, as well. Thanks for commenting so I could see pictures of your cute family. I am technically only homeschooling our oldest right now because he is the only one that is school-aged but, yes, I homeschool them all - or will eventually. We recently moved back to the stake - to our hometown actually and things are going great. Bryan is the senior engineer at Ameren UE and I'm busy as RS pres. Time flies! :) You look great and so does your family. Oh - you are welcome to link to our blog if you wish - I've been asking everyone to please refrain from using our last name or our exact town just for safety reasons. Thanks! Again, fun to be in touch!
    Sabra

    ReplyDelete
  3. BETHANY!!!!! I am sooooo glad that you found me.......I miss you! YEAH! Where are you guys now? Did you move to California or did you just go on vacation? Holy cow! I am so excited. Here is my email address...louisandlaurel@gmail.com

    We have so much to catch up on, this tiny space doesn't do justice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, girl! It's been a while. I found you commenting on Laurel's blog. I don't think I've seen you since you were passing thru Columbia and I was in Nursery. So, it's been a few years. Now we are in DC and James is in the military! What's new with you? I'll have to read your archive to help me catch up! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think! We love hearing your thoughts on our fun and crazy life!